Business Permits & Licenses

Anyone operating a business or conducting business within the City of Clinton is required to contact the Planning and Development Department at 910-299-4904 to ensure that the business is zoned appropriately and for general assistance with any required permits, licenses or fees. Any business that is an itinerant merchant/peddler (see definition) will need to contact the Clinton Police Department at 910-592-3105. Any business engaging in selling alcoholic beverages will need to contact the Billing and Collections Department at 910-299-4909.

Alcoholic beverage licenses are renewed annually by May 1, of the current license year for beer and wine licenses. itinerant merchant permits are renewed annually July 1. Please see our requirements and regulations for more information.


License Type
Beer off Premises $5.00
Beer on Premises $15.00
Beer (Wholesale) $37.50
Beer and Wine Dealer (Wholesale) $62.50
Mixed Beverages (with Purchase of Beer and Wine Licenses Only) $0.00
Wine off Premises Fortified/Unfortified $10.00
Wine on Premises Fortified/Unfortified $15.00
Wine (Wholesale) $37.50


License Type
By Foot $25
By Vehicle $25