The City of Clinton utility billing department’s goal is to assist our customers in any way necessary to provide you with the best service when it comes to utility billing. The city offers water, sewer, and garbage pick-up services to our residents.
Bills are due on or before the 12th of each month. If not paid by the due date, a 10% penalty will be added to your account. If the bill is not paid on or before the end of business on the 22nd of each month, a $30.00 delinquent fee will be added and services will be scheduled for cutoff.
Should you have any questions concerning your bill, you may call (910) 299-4909.
View our fee schedule.
The Finance department is still open to serve customers. However, we do ask that you contact us remotely by phone, 910-299-4909, or by email, email@example.com, to avoid coming into the office. This is an effort to protect both our customers and employees.
Good Friday- April 10, 2020
221 Lisbon Street
Clinton, NC 28328
Phone: 910-299-4900Fax: 910-592-0221
Brandy DardenBilling/Revenue Supervisor
Majesta CarterCustomer Service Representative
Lourdes EscalanteCustomer Service Representative
Connecting Water Services
To begin service you may call (910) 299-4909 or come into our office located at City Hall, 221 Lisbon Street between the hours of 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday. You may also email the information to our office or fax our office (910)592-7416. Any requests received after 4:30 PM will be initiated the following morning.
- Property owners can establish service by completing the Water Service application, providing proof of residency ownership, and two forms of ID.
- Persons renting or leasing the property for which service is requested must provide the lease/rental agreement, two forms of ID, and pay a $125.00 deposit in order to initiate service.
- Business owners will be required to complete the Water Service application, provide a W-9, and two forms of ID of persons managing utility service account. If renting the property, there is a $125.00 deposit required to begin services.
Requisitos Para Establecer Servicios de Agua
- Solicitud de servicio de agua completada y firmada.
- Aplicacion de Servicios Publicos
- (Propietarios) Copia de Escrituras, contrato de venta, documento reciente de impuestos, poliza de seguro de casa, poder notarial o documento de ejecutor
- No se require ningun depósito
- (Inquilinos) Copia del contrato de arrendamiento/alquiler o una declaración del propietario firmada
- Se requiere un depósito de $125 para individuos y empresas
- Dos formas de identificacion emitidas por el gobierno 1 debe de ser identificacion con foto. Formas de identificacion puede incluir lo siguiente:
- Licencia de conducir
- Tarjeta de identificacion del estado
- Tarjeta de Seguro social o Tax ID*
- Acta de nacimiento
- Licencia de caza
- Tarjeta de registro de volante
- Tarjeta de Seguro de salud
*Se require TAX ID para cuentas comerciales
Bill Due Date
Bills are sent out to customers the 23rd of each month and bills are due the 12th of the following month. Bills are considered past due the 13th of each month. If payment is not received by 5:00 pm on the 22nd of every month, the account will be disconnected the following work day.
If you have any questions or concerns about your bill please contact the Utility Billing department immediate at (910) 299-4909 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
The city of Clinton will issue a courtesy call to past due accounts 3 days before the 22nd. This will be an automated call reminding customers that they have a past due balance on their utility account.
There will be a 10% late penalty will be added to any account that has not been paid by the 12th of each month. Additionally, a $30.00 delinquent fee will be added if the account has not been paid by the cut-off date.
Once your water services have been disconnected due to nonpayment, your water will remain off until we receive payment of the entire past due balance. One week after the initial cut-off date, accounts that still have not been reconnected will be finalized in our system. Any deposit on the account will be applied to the account balance.In order to reconnect service after the deposit has been applied, a new deposit is required for the account.
Garbage pick-up is available to customers who reside within city limits. All customers who are within city limits will be charged monthly for trash pick-up. This is a recurring charge of $15.50 that will be added to your water and sewer fees every bill cycle. Trash cans are $82.00 and can be purchased at our office or over the phone. Blue recycle bins are free upon request.
The City of Clinton offers many payment options to best suit our customers.
Payments may be:
- Mailed to PO Box 199, Clinton, NC 28329
- Made in person with cash, check, debit or credit cards, at City Hall, 221 Lisbon Street
- Placed in the night depository located at the drive-in window at City Hall
- Made by utilizing the City of Clinton Utility Bank Draft Plan, please complete the form and return it to our office with a void check
- By using our online payment service MyGovHub
- Made over the phone by calling (910) 299-4909 with your debit or credit card