COVID-19 Resource Page
The City of Clinton remains committed to serving our citizens. We continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice of public health officials as it relates to COVID-19. We ask our citizens comply with the guidance and regulations being issued by public health agencies and public officials.
Important Phone Numbers:
Sampson County Health Department COVID-19 direct line (910) 490-1056
State of NC COVID-19 Call Center at 866-462-3821
NC 211 Hotline for general inquiries regarding state agencies Dial 211
Hope4NC Mental Health Hotline 855-587-3463
Public Health Information:
What the City is Doing
The City provides many essential government services to our citizens and keeping those services up and running is our highest priority. Along with Sampson County and municipalities across the state, the City of Clinton has declared a state of emergency as an administrative measure allowing us to more effectively respond as situation unfolds and best serve our citizens.
- City facilities are open to the public. We ask that unvaccinated people continue to wear masks inside our facilities in line with recommendations from the CDC.
- Citizens can reach us remotely for service needs. Many issues can be handled by phone, online, or by email. City Staff Directory.
- Sports and athletic programs have resumed generally following the guidelines of the NC High School Athletics Association (Contact Recreation for Details).
- Parks & playgrounds are open.
- The Royal Lane Pool will be open for the 2021 season starting Memorial Day.
- The 2021 July 4 Celebration is being planned with some precautions and modifications.
- The 2021 Square Fair (BBQ Cookoff) is being planned with some precautions and modifications.
- The 2021 Christmas in the City is in the planning stages.
Protecting Our Workplace
- We are keeping City employees informed with the latest information from public health officials.
- We are encouraging good hygiene practices in the workplace.
- We have equipment for enhanced cleaning practices when needed.
- We have established surveillance COVID testing and employee symptom screening to remove contagious employees from the workplace.
- We have implemented flexible use of sick and vacation time and options for remote work when possible
Unfortunately, COVID-19 related scams are already popping up. Tips on avoiding and reporting COVID-19 scams can be found on NC Attorney General’s website and the US Justice Department website.
Housing Opportunities & Prevention of Evictions (HOPE) Rent & Utility Assistance for Individuals
Mortgage Utility Rent Relief (MURR) Rent & Utility Assistance for Business