A City of beauty and opportunity whose leadership is dedicated to providing its diverse citizenry a quality of life unsurpassed in the region.
To be a city rich in tradition and beauty with clean, safe neighborhoods, sound infrastructure, and opportunities for future generations.
Beautiful and Clean City
- Develop a systematic code enforcement program that strives to eliminate nuisance properties and structures.
- Create public education and outreach programs to inform citizens of property owner responsibilities and to educate and encourage clean streets and neighborhoods.
- Maintain City owned properties at an adequate level to ensure efficient use and clean and neat appearance.
- Create citywide beautification program that enhances the overall appearance of the City.
Clean and Safe Neighborhoods
- Provide opportunities for high-risk youth to maximize their skills and abilities and help them realize their potential.
- Explore community outreach and partnerships to ensure safe neighborhoods.
- Utilize Police and Fire staff and resources in the most efficient manner to serve the needs of the community.
- Continue to work with regional, state, and federal agencies to maximize our efforts to fight crime.
- Create multi-modal network to reduce traffic and pollution by promoting alternate forms of transportation.
- Provide high quality water and wastewater services while protecting natural resources through a comprehensive water and wastewater plan.
- Create master roadway and street plan to maintain safe roads and streets, improve connectivity, and reduce traffic.
- Utilize Public Works staff and resources in the most efficient manner to serve the needs of the community.